Telecommute Jobs

Sunday, January 05, 2003

Deviled Eggs are So Easy to Make

Deviled eggs are really easy to make. In fact it is so easy that I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I never make them. They are quite delicious for low carb. I think the reason why I never make them is because it takes more work than just putting salt on the boiled egg and eating it. lol

Just boil the eggs first. Some people claim that putting them out at room temperature and then boiling them makes them peel better and are less likely to crack, but I think it makes them taste funny. So I just boil them directly from the fridge. I put them in the pan, just barely cover them with water then bring to a boil and boil for about two minutes. I take them off the heat and then let them sit for 20 minutes. Then, I run cold water over them until cool enough to peel.

Once peeled I slice them in half and scoop out the yolk. When all of the yolk is in a bowl, I add a little bit of mustard, a little bit of mayo, salt, and tarragon. I mashed it all up then scoop it into the egg whites and then sprinkle paprika on top. Easy.
Post a Comment