Telecommute Jobs

Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's Been a Long Couple of Days

I haven't posted a lot of chit chat lately and I've been kind of taking it easy. I found out that my grandmother passed away at the other day. She was 98. I don't like finding out about these things after-the-fact because it's just not fair to know. Given how my dad is very ill right now, I can understand why though.

I didn't know her very well. I visited her once when my mom, my sister, and I all hopped into the new Toyota Celica and drove to Kansas. I don't even remember how old I was. I think I might have been ten.

What angers me the most is that I never even really had the time to get to know her. I'm sure she had a lot of great stories to tell, but she lived so far away and one day just runs into the next when you have a business, kids, a job, etc. My kids have been so fortunate in knowing their grandmothers, at least my first two know my mom and my ex's mom. My youngest really only knows my mom. I hope that changes where he can get to know both.

So do what I didn't do and go get to know your grandparents and let your kids get to know their grandparents. Before you know it time will be lost.
Post a Comment