Telecommute Jobs

Friday, November 14, 2008

Glasses for the Kids

I have two children who wear glasses and I can't tell you how difficult it is to find quality eyewear at a decent price. The insurance companies will only pay for the very basic of frames so the kids balk at the idea of wearing the old fashioned styles. If they lose the glasses we're stuck with paying an astronomical fees for new frames. My middle teen always leaves his pair over at his friend's house. It drives me insane.

At one point I stopped buying the designer glasses at the eye doctor because within two weeks my thirteen year old would do something to destroy his pair. The first time he left them at a sleep over at his friend's house right before he and his friend got into a fight and now they are no longer friends. Teenagers, right? I had to buy him a new pair and within a week he had sat on and crushed the second pair. Did the insurance company help either time? No. Was he grounded? Yes!

He is a real style monger too. He has to have everything perfect so when the optometrist gave him the current insurance company approved selections, he balked and then darted into the bathroom hiding his disappointment. I bought him a pair anyway, but he never wore them again.

According to the Chicago Tribune, people are paying more than $1,000 for a pair of glasses. The last time we went to the eye doctor to buy glasses I paid $350.00 for each pair. The glasses at ZenniOptical.com start at only $8.00 a pair.

You just can't beat that price especially since ZenniOptical.com carries the latest styles in styles and frames. Their selection of single vision lens and sunsensor lens is huge.

The secret to their success? They've bought directly from the manufacturer and cut out the middleman so you're not paying for the extra shipping, handling, and what I like to call fluff.

The next time we need to update the prescriptions we're going to Zenn Optical for our eyeglasses.

Post a Comment