Telecommute Jobs

Friday, November 14, 2008

Moms Who Play WOW (World of Warcraft)

I'm one of those geeky moms who play World of Warcraft. Actually, I've played Blizzard games since WarCraft for the Mac was first released. Yes, that is WarCraft 1. I used to use the game to test protocols at a big computer company (you can all guess which one.) I loved it so we moved on to other versions of WarCraft.

I have several characters. Since I don't get to play that often none of them are high level. I have a mid-level Troll on Emerald Dream by the name of Purringlion. LOL I get harassed because of my name quite a bit but you know what? It fit the territory and all the good names were already taken. She's a hunter with skinning and tailoring capabilities. She's only a 34. Yeah, I know. As my youngest always wants me to play with him I have to follow him around on the lower levels so I rarely get to up my experience level.

Oooh now some of you are going to scream that the game is too violent! No, it's really not. I've seen worse. The swearing on the game is looks like @$!# and he plays on the computer next to me so I can see what is going on at all times. I actually login when he does so I can keep an eye on the group he invites me to. It's a learning experience I think. He has to learn how to count money and buy objects. He learns how to level up and...and...well I will think of more educational values. LOL Teamwork, there you go. There is a politically correct educational value. He learns teamwork. Are you happy now?

Anyway, I have a mage character and a warrior. Neither of these have a high rank because I don't play with them very often. I do love my mage because I like the magic. I also like the mage is a human because I love horses and I will be able to ride a horse later on in the game. My troll will have to ride a raptor. Yuck. I love that my hunter troll can friend almost any animal on the game, but my piggie is such a high level and experienced now that changing would be stupid. I've won a lot of battles because of my piggie.

Anyway, I'll post my travels through WoW here. Those who play can comment and fun with me. Maybe I can make some movies if I can figure out how to do it. :)
Post a Comment