Telecommute Jobs

Friday, November 14, 2008

Yummy! Impossible Taco Pie

I think the kids thought they were in heaven last night and so did I. Bisquick is an excellent product to cut savings and time. My mom tells me that isn't true, but after I spent probably $5.00 making dinner I believe what I'm saying.

1 pound of hamburger - $3.55
1 onion - $.35 (or less)
Taco seasoning - $.56
Cheese - $1.00
Bisquick - $.45
Milk - $.45
Eggs - $.45
Canned tomatoes, diced $1.15
Canned green chilis, (saved .35 by dicing them myself)
Black Olives (saved more by chopping myself)

These prices are estimates. I'm not going to sit down and average my Bisquick. I can tell you that it was cheap!

I browned a pound of beef and chopped onions then put into a 9" pie pan. Then I sprinkled the taco seasoning on top and then poured a mixture of the eggs, milk, and Bisquick. This baked for about 30 minutes and then I put the tomatoes and olives on top and then grated cheese and baked for another 10 minutes.

*note - I'm sure that just baking the original mix and then adding fresh taco toppings would be just as good.

It wasn't that expensive at all. Next time I'll make two pies for the growing boys because 1 just wasn't enough. Still, it would come out to about $8.00 to $10.00 to make and that's a lot cheaper than Taco Bell or Taco John's.

Also note that I'm recalling this recipe from memory. I'm sure you'll find a copy of it on the web somewhere. I just remember helping my mom make it. Tonight we're going to make bacon and swiss impossible pie.

YUMMMY
Post a Comment