Telecommute Jobs

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Low Carb, Fat Burning Soup that Keeps You Full For Hours

What will I think of next? I love this soup because not only does it taste good, but it is low calorie, low carb, and it really works!

The shirataki noodle is really a miracle noodle. Actually, it's not really a noodle at all. There is a plant called a Konjac root that has been used in Japanese recipes for centuries. It isn't until now that the craze has hit the United States. When made without tofu, this noodle has zero carbs and essentially no calories. It's a fiber that doesn't digest and takes a long time to move through the body so not only is it low calorie, but it's also good for your digestion.

Tonight I made some really good fat burning soup. I used the ingredients that people tell you work for fat burning. Personally, I have no idea if they work at all, but the soup was so darn good that I don't really mind making it again.

1 cup of sliced bell peppers and onions. I use a frozen mix from the grocery store.
1 package of Shirataki noodles. My package claims to have 7 servings but it doesn't seem like 7 until you eat it so be careful.
1 whisked egg
pinch of ginger
dash of garlic
hot pepper flakes
Supposedly the above combo has great fat burning properties because they claim to raise the metabolism. I have no clue if it does or not so please don't take my word for it. The combo just tastes good.

Rinse the noodles in running water for a few minutes then par boil them for 10 minutes. This removes the fishy smell. No, they're not made out of fish. Okay? There are no animal products in the noodles.

Drain the noodles then stirfry. I added organic soup base without sugar and the spices above. I also added a tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil. Play around with your tastes.

Add water for soup and bring to a boil.

Add a whisked egg (optional). This is great for low carb diets because it gives you the protein necessary for your weight loss and health!

Immediately eat. If you're going to save some of the soup, which I do recommend, then drain the noodles beforehand and just save the noodles in clear water. The eggs do not save well and I'm not sure how the soup would do with the noodles soaking up all the water.

Now a few warnings - drink lots of water. The soup base will help but these noodles absorb everything! Rumor has it that the noodles will attract and absorb essential oils and nutrients so be sure to have your Omega oils and vitamins in the morning with your breakfast and at least a half hour before eating your soup.

Do the noodles flush carbs? Some people claim they do. I have no idea if they flush extra carbs or not so I've never bothered trying. Carbs hate me. Maybe I should say they love me instead because they stick around on my thighs, hips, and tummy as well as other places around my torso so I don't bother trying experiments.

If you find out, please let me know by posting here.

Enjoy your no-cal noodles! They're yummy!
Post a Comment