Telecommute Jobs

Monday, July 23, 2007

Sugar Rot in Teeth

Finally! Someone who admits that all carbohydrates rot teeth! In this article the author mentions a book by Tim Richardson that talks about sweets in other countries and how all carbs rot teeth.

Now, I don't know of Tim Richardson's credentials, but I have heard the theory before from others. When I mention it people push it aside and phooey my idea. I do know for a fact that when I'm on a low carb diet that my teeth do much better than on a low fat diet--with or without sugar sweets. I'm talking bread and pasta here.

Maybe I'm coming to something here. My teeth have always been in a state of pain one way or another. My roots are wacky and my teeth just don't numb. Going to the dentist is one of the most frightening experiences for me ever because no matter what I do, no matter how much I floss and how much I brush they've always found something. As I grew up my dentist told my mom that my teeth were bad from the inside out. I didn't eat a lot of sweets as a kid, but I did eat fruit and bread.

By the time I was old enough to make my own appointments I was too scared. Each time I went the problem would be so bad that my dentist would dismiss the notion that my teeth were just bad apples and tell me that more frequent dental appointments would save them. Ha! Save what? Their pocketbook?

First, I'm going back on low carb. Forget the bread market and all the sweet garbage that rots teeth. Next, I'm going to find out why all these dentists can't figure out ways to tell people how to avoid all this mess with your teeth. Yes, there are people out there like me who can't go near a potato without tooth pain or gaining weight.

Carb problems for some aren't a myth. My teeth and weight problem just prove it. It's all intertwined and it's something the medical profession ignores or hasn't put together yet. Maybe they just don't want to admit the food pyramid the U.S. government and their higher education schools put together is wrong after all.
Post a Comment