Telecommute Jobs

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Become Christian or Die Video Game

Well, now I've seen it all. There is a new video game based on the fictional novel series LEFT BEHIND SERIES by Dr. Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. In this game the rapture has come and you must convert or kill all non-Chritians.

Holy cow! This doesn't sound like a very Christian game! When I first read the article, I thought it was just some whacked out video game by a cult but then I read the fine print and realized it's based off of a novel.

They say some liberal and progressive Christian groups are fighting to get the game off the shelves of Wal*Mart. Now, I'm not a big fan of this game. I think the idea is kind of stupid because it doesn't represent what a Christian is all about. It is, however, based on a novel and not off the belief that some radical group wants non-Christians to die.

I'm undecided about this. I love shoot'em up video games. I'm so terrible. I don't like the idea that the Christian philosophy brings up back to the middle ages on this, but then again, it's based off a book that is probably futuristic and could be really good.

I guess I'd have to play it and read the book to tell you.

Have you read the book or played the game? What are your thoughts? Read the article and let us know!
Post a Comment