Telecommute Jobs

Monday, August 13, 2007

More Dentist Issues

So, I go see the "recommended" oral surgeon today and what was his response?

"Your teeth are no different than any other teeth. All teeth numb just the same."

What planet does this guy live on? He proceeds to say, "We can do nitrous to calm your nerves, but I think it's a waste of money because your teeth are the same as everyone else's teeth."

HELLO? Who has lived with these teeth for for 30+ years? Hello? Anyone home? Do you get electric shock when your dentist drills into MY mouth? No. Maybe it doesn't happen to YOUR mouth, but it does mine.

I almost got up and walked out, but I need to get this done so I asked the nurse (poor thing could see my nerves just going crazy) "Does the nitrous get rid of the pain as well as relax you?" and she responded with a yes.

I swear, once my teeth are done I'm going to write to the ADA about this guy and to the hospital. How dare he call me a liar about my pain.

If it was anything else I might be a little more calm about it, but he was such an arrogant son of a bitch about it that I'm extremely PO'ed. I'm not going to say anything until the work is done though, don't want any hard feelings while my mouth is open wide and I can't do anything even scream, you know?

So, it's going to be another month before I can get it done. Does he ask if it hurts at the moment? No. Does he ask about it at all? No. When I offer info, he shuts me up with some comment.
Post a Comment