Telecommute Jobs

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Warm Turkey Stew

Nothing hits the spot better than something warm on a freezing cold day. Yesterday was one of the days where the snow came pouring down and the wind chill was terrible. Today isn't any better. Even though the snow isn't falling, the sun does little to warm the place and the wind chill puts our 18 degrees down to 4 degrees.

Right now I'm making the last of the left over turkey. I put it in a casserole pan with some baking potatoes. I'm also making some gravy to go with it. After that is cooked I'm going to take some of the turkey bits and make a stew out of it for tonight. I will add some left over cranberries, potatoes, carrots, celery, and some corn and then make some homemade rolls to dip into the soup. The cranberries will give it a nice and tart taste.

I'll leave it stewing for about 6 hours in the crockpot when it will then be ready. I'm sure the kids will groan because they're tired of turkey by now, but if they're hungry they have no choice :)

What do you do with your leftover turkey?
Post a Comment