Telecommute Jobs

Thursday, December 11, 2008

What Are True Friends?

A true friend is someone who has been there for you and always will be. I just realized that I know someone that is more of a true friend then a lot of people I know. I worked with him for a few years and somehow we've stayed in contact after not working many years later and we now live 2,000 miles apart. There are no romantic involvements or anything, we're just buddies. It's cool.

I've had other friends online and offline who have come and gone. I had someone who I thought would be a friend forever waltz into my life one year, whisk me off my feet because it was more than just a friendship at one point, and then disappear after an argument. We had been friends for over 30 years and to end it like that was just stupid. Very stupid. We had survived friendship for 3 decades and to just end it like that because of a so-called relationship was a waste.

I guess we all find out who our true friends are by this type of behavior. Since I don't go out much I don't know many people in my neighborhood. I know one person who would stand by me through thick and thin and I would stand by her too. We don't go out drinking or shopping a lot, but we know that if the other one needs something that we'll be there. We're so busy with our families and daily life that we don't get to talk much, but we know that we can. She is someone I can trust.

Honestly, take a look at your friends. Are there some that you wouldn't put your life in their hands if something happened and then there are others that make you feel differently? Which ones are you spending more time with? Is it time that you started spending more time with your true friends than the ones who are just more fun?
Post a Comment