Telecommute Jobs

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

This is the first year I cooked on my own. I have to say it went very well. I'm still cleaning up the mess, but it was well worth it. I also bought some new plates with some money my ex-husband's mother gave me for my birthday :) They're in the Tuscan theme I'm trying to aim for and went very nicely with dinner.

We had the normal meal: baked turkey, candied yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, my favorite cranberry relish (actual relish-NOT jelly), and pumpkin pie. I think it would have taken two trucks to roll us all out of here.

We don't have a dining room table right now (yes, it's sad but true.) I'm saving up for one but now I don't know where I would put it as we converted the dining room into the family room. I might put it off to the side. Hey, I can get one of those nooks with the benches. Now that's a really good idea.

We've been keeping warm between blankets, a space heater, and the oven. It's really cold in the morning and I'm a bit worried about the canary but my kids and I can bundle up really nice. My ex complains about it because he's a weather wimp, but what can you do? If he was that concerned about it then he could stop fighting life in general and get a decent paying job and pay his child support.

So it's 2 am and I'm about to hit the sack once I do one more load of dishes. I'm a night owl so I really do not like sleeping before 2 anyway. I just wish I didn't have to wake up in the morning.
Post a Comment