Telecommute Jobs

Friday, January 19, 2007

Storm Worm Hits Windows Machines Again

It looks like Worms for Windows are at it again. This time it's StormWorm which is not a newbie on the worm list.

This one was spread by hackers with the email subject "230 dead as storm batters Europe." My question is - has anyone ever wondered if it's not hackers maliciously just sending these types of things out to random people, but what if there is something out there triggering with subject lines?

For example, take a look at all the recent SPAM. For awhile they were just throwing together words. Now they're using something to determine what people either read on the news or these jerks are getting very specific with my news and using things that I might read. Fortunately for me, I have a SPAM blocker that blocks their pathetic attempts to send me a virus because they're always spoofing their emails. How do they know I read the news or is it just a wild guess that everyone does?

Perhaps viruses and hackers are using the same methods. A big storm hits Europe - a virus called Storm Worm with a very specific subject line attacks email addresses all over the world.

Hmmmm...

I also like to mention that it's not affecting me because of my virus blocker, my SPAM blocker, and because the virus is not compatible with my Macintosh OSX computer. You should do the same.

Find out more about Storm Watch


Go buy a Mac.

Post a Comment