Telecommute Jobs

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Do you VoIP?


Do you VoIP? I do. If you're not familiar with the term VoIP it means Voice Over Internet Protocol. No, it doesn't mean voice over Internet phone. It is a way to save major money on your long distance by using the Internet to call others.

Sign up for Vonage today! By signing up you can begin calling people at unbelievable rates. There's even a way to connect a handset to your computer so it looks and feels like a terrestrial land line. I personally use my chat headphones because they're already there, but do what is comfortable for you.

Since I work from where I am I can take my travel headset and my Apple iBook on the road to any wi-fi coffee shop and make calls to my clients and customers. How cool is that? I don't have to be tied down to a cable to do anything! My travel headset is Bluetooth so the deal is even sweeter. It costs less than calling from my cell during my peak hours!

If you're already a member of Vonage, I suggest using their forums. It's a community where you can chat with others who use the service and you can get answers to your questions.

Vonage VoIP Forum
Vonage VoIP Forum
Post a Comment