Telecommute Jobs

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Create Your Own Home Theater

Well, I just realized the coolest thing about my computer. Macs use this thing called iTunes. Yes, I know pc users have this as well, but you can't do what I'm going to tell you right now.

With iTunes you can create your own home theater with music, movies, DVDs, tv shows, and more with a simple remote control. So here I am sitting on my couch with my nifty little remove and selecting movie trailers from my computer. It accesses them from the Apple Quicktime Site and displays them right on my home theater box (my dual Intel iMac flat screen.)

I put a bunch of movies in my iTunes movie area where I can either download them from iTunes or add my own. It's illegal to take movies from DVDs so I use other movies. Sorry, I don't want that $250,000 fine. I can switch between my DVD, music, movies, trailers, purchased tv shows, etc. with my fancy little remote. It's really cool.

Now all the motion picture industry should legally allow you to do is copy those movies to your hard drive from the DVDs you legally own. I don't see why they don't, it's totally stupid to not do it that way. Then I can have backups for all my DVDs the kids will eventually destroy.

Now, I don't know what the AppleTV does yet, but I assume it acts like a DVR. If I could output the DVR to my computer screen then I will a very happy TV viewer.

I don't know of any PCs with a remote. Of course, I wouldn't buy a pc if my life depended on it.
Post a Comment