Telecommute Jobs

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No More Homework in Menlo Park, CA?

I object! This article points out that kids at the Oak Knoll Elementary in Menlo Park may not be doing anymore homework. They're discussing it and will rule on it soon.

After hearing that, I know where my kids won't go to school. Homework is not only a part of learning, but it's also a part of responsibility. Some kids need the extra work.

In fact, I'm a little peeved with our own school system. This week is some mid-winter break. You know, kids in other countries who run circles around us academically need to go to school all year round. Now, I don't mind a month off in the summer, but I really think kids get too much school off. Here we are working just about 260 days per year as adults and our kids get a big 90 day break plus weekends, holidays, etc. I protest!
Post a Comment